[phenixbb] Different stats with different number of macrocycles

Phil Jeffrey pjeffrey at princeton.edu
Thu May 4 14:26:30 PDT 2017

But the variable weighting scheme that phenix.refine uses actually
causes problems with this - the optimal weight(s) for cycle 1 is most
assuredly not the optimal weight for cycles 2....n and it even does this
with converged high resolution structures, so it's not just a result of
the usual violence I do to structures when rebuilding them.

I think this trend of the first cycle weight being an outlier is quite
possibly the source of what Pat is seeing, and it's not clear to me why
phenix.refine does this where I see a lot less of it (if any at all) in
Refmac.

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton