[phenixbb] autosol: FATAL RUNTIME ERROR :Wavelength outside range of Sasaki tables.

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 08:25:32 PDT 2018

Dear Georg,

Is it possible that your heavy-atom model includes S atoms as well as (or instead of) Ca atoms?  For instance, SHELXD automatically makes a PDB file with atoms labelled as S regardless of what you’re looking for.  If I provide the f’ and f” values for Ca atoms, I can only reproduce the Phaser error messages you report if the heavy-atom model includes at least one S atom.  If they’re all Ca atoms, then there’s no problem.  Presumably if the job passed on explicit scattering factors for S atoms to Phaser, it would also run.

The Sasaki tables used to be fine for doing all relevant wavelength lookups, but now that longer wavelengths are experimentally accessible, we should look into other possibilities for table lookup of f’ and f” as a function of element type and wavelength.

Best wishes,

Randy

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research    Tel: +44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                         Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                            E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                               www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk