[phenixbb] FASTA format for sequence file

egoers at uoregon.edu egoers at uoregon.edu
Mon Feb 5 15:54:17 PST 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to run Phase-MR on Phenix (older version) and having trouble
formatting my sequence properly. I keep getting error "Protein Sequence
not recognized in Composition". I have a good idea of what FASTA should
look like (carrot with a name, no spaces or weird characters, followed
by the sequence in all capital letter on the next line). I have tried
many things, mainly using gedit and plain text files (.txt). I've made
sure the file name doesn't have any strange characters as well. If I cut
and paste a FASTA file from the PDB into gedit, save that at a .txt,
Phaser accepts it. If I cut and paste my protein sequence into the same
file, it rejects it. Suggestions?