[phenixbb] refining a covalent-bound ligand

Sebastiano Pasqualato sebastiano.pasqualato at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 02:45:54 PST 2018

Dear Nigel and Pavel,
thank you very much for you feedback and precious advice.
It is a compound with a C=C double bond that gets attacked by the S of a Cys, hence I think it’s normal that the program is not recognising automatically the bond.
I have changed the C=C bond to C-C and recreated the CIF file for the compound, than provided phenix the bond restrains (bond length and angles) for the C-S bond.
It all seems to work very nicely.
Thanks.

Any idea on how to tell Coot the same things? ;-)
(I guess this one should go to the Coot_bb though ;-))

Thanks again,
ciao,