[phenixbb] Detrmining pixel size

Keller, Jacob kellerj at janelia.hhmi.org
Sun Jul 8 15:25:30 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I agree that this could be a problem, and it seems to be exactly similar to having inaccurate cell constants in crystallography. On both of these issues, I have wondered why not add these parameters to refinement as simple scale factors, even as an independent refinement step, since it's only three parameters? I have heard that it doesn't matter too much bottom line, but I would think it might matter in certain circumstances. The scale factors xyz would just be optimized to make the center of the observed bond length distribution equivalent to the dictionary one. Would be really easy to implement, I would think.

JPK

Jacob Pearson Keller
Research Scientist / Looger Lab
HHMI Janelia Research Campus
19700 Helix Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
Desk: (571)209-4000 x3159
Cell: (301)592-7004

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.