[phenixbb] Ligand occupancy and conformational change

G_Kontopidis gkontopidis at vet.uth.gr
Tue Jul 24 00:49:51 PDT 2018

Hi Havier,

You got the formula right

alternate loop A" occupancy = X and "alternate loop B" occupancy = ligand
occupancy = 1-X

You may have also some water include in the model correspond to alternate
loop A" occupancy = X

I have done it many times using RefMac and SHELX I am sure it is working in
Phenix as well .

you do not need something specific in a parameter file for the protein atom.

The PDB file look like the following.

ATOM    258  CA AGLN A  35       2.979  -4.265  69.678  0.40 46.35

ANISOU  258  CA AGLN A  35     4942   7133   5533      0    946   -219

ATOM    259  CA BGLN A  35       3.127  -4.246  69.643  0.60 47.74

ANISOU  259  CA BGLN A  35     5152   7285   5702      0    930   -219

The alternative atom specified with letter A and B before the amino acid
three letters.

Regards,

George