[phenixbb] Overlapping ligand-protein side chain density

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 1 10:57:33 PST 2018

Hi Jason,

> The ligand and APHE got pushed away from one another and off of their
> respective densities. Occupancies for both were reduced to 0.5 for the
> refinement. What am I doing wrong here? Does the ligand need to have an
> altloc as well? But I don’t see an alternative conformation.

Yes, the ligand also needs an altloc, and it should be different from PHE
altloc. This way the refinement will know that these atoms don't see each
other. You don't have to put two alternative conformations for the ligand,
you can have just one with partial occupancy (<1.0) which will mean that
the ligand is not always there.

Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.