[phenixbb] PhD and Postdoc position - Structural biology methods development at Würzburg University, Germany

Andrea Thorn andrea.thorn at web.de
Thu Aug 22 03:04:08 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

for two projects in structural biology methods development, the Thorn
Laboratory the Rudolf Virchow Center at the University of Würzburg is
looking for a

PHD CANDIDATE (m/f/d)
and a
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (m/f/d)

Our lab develops new methods for macromolecular X-ray crystallography
and Cryo-EM. In these exciting projects you will improve how well we
understand, measure and model macromolecular crystal structures using
practical experiments and big data analyses. We are looking for
candidates with skills in data analysis and programming. Any previous
experiences in crystallography, molecular biology, machine learning,
image or statistical analysis are also a bonus. You should be a good
communicator. For the PhD project, we offer a 36-month full- or
part-time position, embedded in the Würzburg Graduate School for Life
Sciences (GSLS); for the postdoctoral position, we offer a 30-month
full- or part-time position with a competitive salary as well as career
and family support.

For more details, see:

https://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/fileadmin/43020000/2019/PhD_Thorn_August_2019_Anzeige.pdf
https://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/fileadmin/43020000/2019/Postdoc_Thorn_July_2019_Anzeige.pdf
https://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/rvz/forschung/assoziierte-forschungsgruppen/ag-thorn/

If you have any questions, please email me: andrea.thorn at uni-wuerzburg.de.

Best wishes,

Andrea Thorn.

_____

Dr. Andrea Thorn
group leader
Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine
University of Wuerzburg
Josef-Schneider-Str. 2
97080 Wuerzburg
Germany