[phenixbb] Copying mtz file

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 25 00:49:15 PDT 2019

Hi Pavel,

if you would ask that question, you did not read Ian's explanation properly.
His email reads like a proof, and anyone doubting the validity make claim
without understanding. On the contrary: what evidence do you provide that
there was a memory effect?

In case you trust experimental evidence better than mathematical rationale,
you can repeat the experiments described under "Validation I: How "free" is
Rcomplete" from  www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1502136112
with any data set of your choice. Our paper also describes experiments to
provide evidence that Rcomplete is equivalent to Rfree (or rather better in
case of small data sets).

I hope that if ever you make such a claim as reviewer, you can provide a
literature reference with evidence of your claim, because reviewers that make
claims without references are very time consuming (and often just proove their
incompetence).

Best,
Tim