[phenixbb] Dots and vectors of cryo em validation in Coot

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed May 15 14:18:52 PDT 2019

Hi Ahmad,

this is not really my area of expertise so I can be wrong and I hope
someone from MolProbity team clarifies this..

Meanwhile, I think the color of dots reflects the severity of the clash,
with red being the worst. Also, I depending on what mode you are using,
it may also show some favorable non-covalent interactions that are not
really clashes (=not to worry about), I'm recalling they are green..

As to fixing, exercise your best model building / rebuilding skills as
well as use an appropriate refinement strategy, such as do refinement
with H atoms added to the model, for example -- this typically helps to
alleviate clashes.

All the best,
Pavel