[phenixbb] Molybdenum cofactor refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 20 10:57:41 PST 2019

Hi Cristiano,

if Molybdenum site isn't disordered, it should have a very prominent
peak at 1.9A resolution, which in turn means metal coordination
restraints may not be necessary. So have you tried to refine without
these restraints?

You may try to refined occupancy of Mo in case it is partially occupied.
Also, it's heavy enough to warrant refinement of its anisotropic ADP.

Finally, clashes may also be false alarms because Molprobity clash
evaluators are unaware of non-standard geometries and bonds.

I can have a closer look if you send me files (off mailing list).

Pavel