[phenixbb] Real space refine of long side chains

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 26 11:02:16 PST 2019

Hi,

does anyone has a clear example that demonstrates this issue and that
you can share with me? Having such an example would be most helpful as
it will allow me to investigate the problem and hopefully address it
centrally.

I suspect this can potentially happen at low resolution (perhaps 4-4.5A
and lower) when main-chain density looks like tubes and there isn't much
density for side chains, so the main chain density attracts side chains.
However, with default setting this should not happen as there are
rotamer restraints. So I'm still not sure what's happening and this is
why I'm looking for an example.

Thanks,
Pavel