[phenixbb] covalently linked ligand

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 15 10:57:00 PDT 2020

An alternative way of doing this..

You can make a file with a content like this

refinement {
   geometry_restraints.edits {
     bond {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 123 and name CA
       atom_selection_2 = chain Z and resseq 321 and name N
       distance_ideal = 1.3
       sigma = 0.02
     }
     angle {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 123 and name CA
       atom_selection_2 = chain A and resseq 321 and name N
       atom_selection_3 = chain A and resseq 234 and name O
       angle_ideal = 120.
       sigma = 2.5
     }
     bond {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 1 and name CA
       atom_selection_2 = chain Z and resseq 2 and name N
       distance_ideal = 1.3
       sigma = 0.02
     }
     angle {
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 1 and name CA
       atom_selection_2 = chain A and resseq 2 and name N
       atom_selection_3 = chain A and resseq 3 and name O
       angle_ideal = 120.
       sigma = 2.5
     }
}

and load it with all the other files in the GUI or provide in the
command line, whichever you use.

It is true that many non-standard links can be created automatically or
by specialized stand-alone tools. However, these tools use a lot of
heuristics and are highly reliant on input model geometry.

To make sure a particular bond was created, try to find it in .*geo file
that refinement always outputs. If it is there -- you all good!

Don't use graphic programs to check if a particular bond was used in
refinement. Why? Here is the answer:

http://phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2016_01.pdf#page=10

Pavel