[phenixbb] off-topic; suggestions for 96head liquid handler

Georg Mlynek georg.mlynek at univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 30 13:09:12 PDT 2020

Dear Scientific community,

we have lend over Viaflow96 liquid handler (used for pipetting 35-50 uL
in 96 well crystallization plates) to our Covid -19 Diagnostics
Initiative. As we believe that this story will be ongoing for some
longer time I am looking for a new 96 head liquid handler.

We are happy with the Viaflow and have two heads 10-300 uL; 0.5-12.5 uL.
However one tip box (96 tips for the 10-300 uL) is about 4 €. This
compares to ~1 € for the refilling racks we use for our single channel
pipettes (It is said that boxes have to be more rigid, because of
pressure during tip loading). Therefore if you have a 96 head liquid
handler for volumes of 20-60 uL where cheap tips can be used (automation
not necessary) please write me.

Many thanks in advance,

best regards, Georg.