[phenixbb] Phenix User Workshop, 17th and 18th of November

Paul Adams pdadams at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 3 15:35:00 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The Phenix developers will be holding an online *Phenix User Workshop on
the 17th and 18th of November at 8am-12pm PDT.* These times will work best
for researchers in North and South America, Europe and Africa. We plan to
hold a future workshop at a time better suited to researchers in Asia and
Australasia.

The format of the workshop will be demos of the use of Phenix programs
combined with slides to explain the theory. We expect an interactive
meeting where attendees can ask questions for the Phenix team to answer.

The workshop will cover aspects of macromolecular crystallography in
Phenix, with the final emphasis based on the applicants’ research
interests. To apply please fill out this form
<https://forms.gle/Q8P6ZC9fYqTkS7qD7>. We will make every effort to
accommodate all applicants, but may need to defer some requests to a
future workshop if demand is high. We are hoping this workshop will be a
success, in which case we plan to host more in the future.

Cheers,
The Phenix Developer Team
--
Paul Adams
Division Director, Molecular Biophysics & Integrated Bioimaging, LBL (
http://biosciences.lbl.gov/divisions/mbib)
Principal Investigator, Computational Crystallography Initiative, LBL (
http://cci.lbl.gov)
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute (
http://www.jbei.org)
Principal Investigator, ALS-ENABLE, Advanced Light Source (
http://als-enable.lbl.gov)
Division Deputy for Biosciences, Advanced Light Source (https://als.lbl.gov)
Laboratory Research Manager, ENIGMA Science Focus Area (
http://enigma.lbl.gov)
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley (
http://bioeng.berkeley.edu)
Adjunct Professor, Comparative Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley (
http://compbiochem.berkeley.edu)

Building 33, Room 347
Building 978, Room 4126
Building 977, Room 180C