[phenixbb] alpha-Fold 2?

Jim Fairman fairman.jim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:54:22 PST 2020

For the most challenging proteins, AlphaFold scored a median of 87, 25
points above the next best predictions.* It even excelled at solving
structures of proteins that sit wedged in cell membranes, which are central
to many human diseases but notoriously difficult to solve with x-ray
crystallography.* Venki Ramakrishnan, a structural biologist at the Medical
Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, calls the result “a
stunning advance on the protein folding problem.”

Source:
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/game-has-changed-ai-triumphs-solving-protein-structures
Jim Fairman
C: 1-240-479-6575