[phenixbb] Mask used for map-to-model FSC

Yang Shi yshi.cam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:50:20 PDT 2020

Hi all,
Does anyone happen to know how to control the tightness of a mask for
map-to-model FSC calculation? I have tried the "atom radius" in
Map/Model CC tab of "Comprehensive validation (cryo-EM)", but it was
not working for me.
The reason I am asking this question is that I can only model a small
region in the cryoEM map, the rest is unknown to me.  Then the CC in
low-frequency was  0.4-0.6 in the FSC curve, while the overall masked
cc was 0.85. I would like to find an easy way to make the FSC curve
look better.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Best wishes,
Yang