[phenixbb] Overall map resolution (d_FSC) x local map resolution

Carlos HENRIQUE FERNANDES carlos.henrique_fernandes at sorbonne-universite.fr
Mon Aug 9 01:58:50 PDT 2021

Dear all,
I've been finding some discordance between overall map resolution value obtained at phenix.mtriage (d_FSC) and local map resolution values obtained at phenix.local_resolution.
phenix.mtriage (using full map and both half maps) provides a d_FSC of 4.31 Å; however, the phenix.local_resolution (using both half maps and not informing the d_FSC) provides local map resolution values have a range of 3.8 - 4.4 Å with most of the map having 4.0 Å resolution with very few parts (only small flexible regions at terminal regions) having 4.3-4.4 Å resolution.
Are these differences normal or is there something wrong with my map refinement? Despite d_FSC being 4.31 Å; can I consider my map at 4.0 Å resolution and do the sharpening and dock in map operations at 4.0 Å?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Fernandes