[phenixbb] Overall map resolution (d_FSC) x local map resolution

Christopher Schlicksup cjschlicksup at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 9 07:45:20 PDT 2021

Hi Carlos, differences like this do not seem abnormal. For local
resolution, it is common to get a very broad range of values (ie, 2.8-10Å),
but usually the most frequently occurring value is close to the value
provided with full-map methods. It can be tough to visualize with color
sometimes, but if you look at the volume histogram of the local resolution
map in Chimera you can see the distribution of resolution values.

For subsequent Phenix programs and for data reporting, I suggest using the
full map value.