[phenixbb] Postdoc position available on membrane proteins at Aarhus University
lyons at mbg.au.dk
Mon Jan 11 01:37:03 PST 2021
Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested. Thanks!
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated postdoc with an interest in working on structural studies of lipid transporting membrane transporters by cryo-EM. The applicant should preferably have a proven track record in the area of structural and/or functional analysis of membrane proteins.
The position will be open from Spring 2021, but starting date is negotiable. Funding is available for at least 2 years of employment, with an extension possible for up to a total maximum of 3 years.
The position aims to strengthen ongoing activities in the newly established Lyons Lab at the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, Denmark. The laboratory's interest is the interplay between structure and function of transmembrane transport processes with a focus on lipid transport systems. The lab houses facilities for mammalian protein production, purification, cellular, biochemical and biophysical characterization and data processing and has access to the state-of-the-art Cryo-EM facility based at iNANO (https://inano.au.dk/research/research-platforms/inano-cryo-em-facility/). The group is part of the Section of Structural Biology at Aarhus University.
The project is within the framework of a highly prestigious and international collaborative research program ASAP (Aligning Science Across Parkinson’s), the team will explore the structure, function and regulation of the human glucosylceramide transporters (ATP10) (https://parkinsonsroadmap.org/research-network/biology-of-pd-associated-genetics/). These molecular insights may pave the way for a drug discovery strategy for Parkinson’s disease.
A successful candidate has a relevant Ph.D. degree and a solid and documented background in structural biology, biochemistry and/or biophysics. Experience with membrane protein expression and purification and/or functional characterization is favored, and the candidate must demonstrate an ability and interest to work with membrane proteins with a structural aim. Applicants should be ambitious, show strong collaborative skills, and be able to take initiatives and responsibility within the work environment.
The successful candidate is offered
- a full-time appointment (100%) as a post doc for a period of 3 years with the possibility of an extension. The successful candidate is encouraged to initiate and participate in grant proposals to expand the research line and ensure continuation after the project end
- Participation in a vibrant international research network ASAP with focus on collaboration and open science, offering excellent networking opportunities.
- access to a well-developed research infrastructure.
- a research climate inviting lively, open and critical discussion within and across different fields of research.
- a working environment with teamwork, close working relations, network activities among young scientists and social activities.
- a workplace characterized by professionalism, equality and a healthy work-life balance.
In Aarhus, you have easy access to beautiful nature, an exciting culture and city life as well as a safe environment for children - a great place for the whole family. The city of Aarhus has everything you need: exciting national and international jobs, delightful residential areas, a rich cultural life, and beautiful surrounding landscape of woods and coastline that make Aarhus a wonderful place to live and work.
All applications must be made online (http://tiny.cc/y1y7tz) and received by 7th Feb. 2021.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the phenixbb