[phenixbb] Phenix version 1.19.1 released

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 25 15:47:50 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

Another way to get around the "unknown developer" problem is to right-click
the package and then select "Open".

For users that are using Macs with Apple Silicon, Phenix will run in
translation mode. From some basic testing of phenix.refine, the performance
on the M1 Macbook Pro 13" in translation mode is similar to a 2018 Mac mini
(3.2 GHz Intel i7, 32 GB RAM). The Phenix GUI should work with XQuartz,
Coot, and PyMOL since they would also run in translation mode.

Also, running the command-line installer on M1 macs will need the
"--try-unsupported" flag (you will get an error message stating as much).

Let us know if you encounter issues running on the M1 macs. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging