[phenixbb] Low resolution refinement

Randy John Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 07:59:19 PST 2021

For the most part, the AlphaFold models tend to be locally pretty good, so at low resolution it will be a good idea to use the original AlphaFold model as a reference model. Because the restraints are in terms of torsion angles, things like domain reorientations can take place even with the restraints present.

Tristan Croll has been playing with AlphaFold models for rebuilding low-resolution structures in his ISOLDE plugin to ChimeraX, and he’s finding that they make low resolution work much easier in general.

Best wishes,

Randy

-----