[phenixbb] Error from exceeding max reasonable bond distance

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 13 06:39:27 PDT 2022

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

First, please make sure you are using the latest Phenix version (currently
1.20.1). The error indicates that refinement became unstable for some
reason.

Possible causes of this include:
- using NCS constraints which include only part of a chain.
- bad geometry in the starting model, like terrible clashes

Ways to overcome:
- Check NCS annotations, missing atoms/residues etc or disable NCS
constraints,
- increase the value of parameter max_reasonable_bond_distance to e.g. 500.

Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.