[phenixbb] anomalous signal to ~5.1 - 4.5Å

Damon Wei weizwann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:18:37 PST 2022

Dear Randy,

Thanks so much for your time and replies! Your messages are easy for me to
understand. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Yes, it is a protein structure. Your suggestion sounds great. A follow-up
question regarding the MR-SAD you mentioned: I think I have lost the file
containing the information of the anomalous coefficients (f' and f'', i.e.
Friedel pairs) somehow, but the wavelength λ is autofilled as 0.9707 when
I input the *.mtz* file. In this case, will the f' and f'' information be
converted or calculated automatically by the Phenix program?  I believe I
have read from somewhere that f' and f'' parameters are not required but
still highly recommended for SAD experiment. So I really wish to find a way
to provide the program with f' and f'' information if feasible.

Best,

Damon