[phenixbb] Output MTZ file from Phenix Refine

Mark Saper saper at umich.edu
Wed Mar 2 11:52:38 PST 2022

Thanks to Tom the issue is resolved.  If I examine the MTZ file with phenix.mtz.dump the angles are in degrees as they should be.  For some reason CCP4 ViewHKL program shows them in radians although they are stored internally as degrees.

> The output MTZ from Phenix refinement contains F-model and PHIF-model.  I wanted to use the PHIF-model term in CCP4 but I discovered that PHIF-model in a Phenix mtz is in radians while CCP4 expects degrees.  Why the discrepancy?
>
> -Mark
Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Emeritus of Biological Chemistry
University of Michigan Medical School
saper at umich.edu  |  +1 734 276 6505