[phenixbb] Isolate Protofilament from helical reconstruction

Christian Tüting christian.tueting at biochemtech.uni-halle.de
Wed Nov 9 02:30:05 PST 2022

Dear PHENIX mailing list,

I have a question regarding a helical reconstruction, done in cryoSPARC.

Usually, I work with "normal" symmetric particles, and there I can
simply run phenix.map_box to isolate the asymmetric unit. This is
somehow not possible with a helical map.

As we also don't have an atomic model yet, we cannot just crop it with
map_box.

In our helical reconstruction, we have helical twist (in degree) and the
helical rise (in Å) and a additional point group symmetry. We would like
to isolate a single protofilament for further model building. Is this in
principle possible in PHENIX?

Additionally, is there a way to rebuild the helical structure, analogous
to apply_ncs?

Thanks

Christian