[phenixbb] polder vs fem vs composite omit map vs maximum entropy

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at psi.ch
Fri Jan 20 00:05:48 PST 2017

Dear,

at 1.5A resolution you should be fine with the default options, and your maps
should be of high quality showing anything you are interested in. Are you
looking into anything specific that makes you believe you should try any
special features?

Best,
Tim

On Thursday 19 January 2017 04:04:12 PM Murpholino Peligro wrote:
> So I got a MR solution and maybe a dozen residues are not clearly defined
> (most of them in the surface) I used to compute the feature enhanced map
> but now I can see there are a lot of options in phenix->maps. Which one is
> better for me? (~130 residues, 1.5 A resolution, ~ 90% complete)
> Probably I should try them all, and compare them visually in coot with
> appropiate sigmas (taken from maps-> map comparison) (is that a good
> workflow? what you guys do?) ...but some of the maps take a lot of time to
> compute. So any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Tim Gruene
- persoenlich -