[phenixbb] use mr_rosetta to prerefine structure

Wei Wang ww2283 at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 7 14:04:57 PST 2022

Dear all,

I have a question regarding phenix.mr_rosetta. I manually build a model in Coot, and want to use phenix.mr_rosetta to prerefine the model. I followed the instruction on https://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/mr_rosetta.html#rebuilding-your-model-with-rosetta-before-mr.

Basically, my scenario is like what’s written in NOTE 2: “have a model and just want to run pre-refinement and not anything else”. I noticed that if I put nproc=xx, then the job would eventually output no structures. I checked each subjob and found that they all failed. I suspect this behavior was caused by files overwritten by parallel jobs. When I don’t specify nproc, then there’s no problem. However, in this case, for number_of_prerefine_models=1000, it would take a very long time.

I hope I described the behavior clearly. Is there a way of running the prerefine jobs in parallel?

Thanks,

Wei