[phenixbb] [URGENT] Sorry: Fatal problems interpreting PDB file

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 2 16:02:43 PDT 2023

Hi Esra,

1) running refinement with all default settings

phenix.refine MR.1.updated_refine_002.{pdb,mtz}

works just s expected. So I'm not sure how you get "Sorry: Fatal
problems interpreting PDB file" message.

2) The data set is overall very incomplete: 63% and per resolution :

    Resolution    Compl
  52.332-12.028   97.09
  11.996-9.598   100.00
   9.540-7.569    98.58
   7.557-6.001    98.47
   6.000-4.760    99.23
   4.758-3.775    98.73
   3.774-2.994    97.20
   2.993-2.374    91.01
   2.374-1.883    68.22
   1.883-1.664    22.61

3) Looks like the model came straight after MR. Is it complete and
matches the sequence (or, asking differently, does it need some rounds
of model building before running refinement starts making sense?)?

4) Lot's of atoms in the model has zero occupancy.

All in all, it looks line you are facing a number of typical structure
solution issues that you need to address first before "fighting with
R-factors"!

Good luck!
Pavel