[phenixbb] [URGENT] Sorry: Fatal problems interpreting PDB file

Esra A esraayan20 at ku.edu.tr
Wed Aug 2 14:05:56 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I am Esra Ayan.
I would like to ask you about getting an error in Phenix: *Sorry: Fatal
problems interpreting PDB file*

*I followed the below command to resolve this issue:*

1. just running "phenix.ready_set MR.1.pdb"
2. then running "phenix.refine MR.1.updated.pdb MR.1.mtz MR.1.ligands.cif
refinement.input.xray_data.r_free_flags.generate=True

This way, i was able to solve the problem but still getting high Rwork and
Rfree values. I still couldn't lower the values even though I tried many
ways.

What is your recommendation about this issue?
i was wondering if I did a mistake by using Step 1 and Step 2 commands.

You can find the reference pdb and mtz files in the attachment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Esra Ayan