[phenixbb] How to exclude one part of a model to be taken into account during Real_Space_refinement ?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon May 15 08:06:27 PDT 2023

Hi Philippe,

there is no option to exclude atoms from refinement in
phenix.rea_space_refine, but in your case this work-around may just do
the job.. Use reference model restraints for the misbehaving part of the
model. You can do that in two ways: 1) by restraining to the initial
model itself or 2) by providing an external model for that region. I'm
not sure which one would work best in your case soyou may end up trying
both.

Let me know if you need any help with this and I will help you set this
up (off-list). For this I may need your model and map files so that I
send you back a working example.

Pavel