[phenixbb] Automated estimation of voxel size using reference pixel size in phenix?

Oliver Clarke olibclarke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 05:42:57 PST 2023

Hi,

In cryoEM, the pixel size is often not known with certainty, and we need to calibrate it by measuring the real space correlation of a reference crystal structure of a component at different nominal pixel sizes.

Currently we do this manually, using `fitmap` in UCSF Chimera, but given the sophisticated set of tools in Phenix for fitting atomic models and analyzing real space correlations, I was wondering if a tool in Phenix already exists to do this, or whether there would be any interest in adding such a tool at some point?

Cheers
Oli