[phenixbb] EM difference map calculation

Leonid Sazanov sazanov at ist.ac.at
Tue Nov 14 04:58:31 PST 2023

Hi, I have tried to use this command in 1.21rc1-4933:

phenix.real_space_diff_map XXX.pdb XXX_box.ccp4 resolution=3.0

Model was real-space refined against _box map and the result with
map_model_difference_1.ccp4 looks more or less as expected, except that
at medium to low density levels strong cubic shape artifacts start to
appear.

I thought that might be because _box.ccp4 map is not cubic, but
re-running with the original cubic map gives even stronger artifacts.

Is this a known issue and how this might be resolved? Or perhaps this
functionality now comes in one of the newer tools?

Many thanks!

Leonid

--
Prof. Leonid Sazanov FRS