[phenixbb] The experiment is still very much needed (though AlphaFold helps a lot)

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Thu Nov 30 13:35:20 PST 2023

Hi Structural biologist colleagues!

Our article that helps you make the case that the experiment is still very
much needed is now out:

"AlphaFold predictions are valuable hypotheses and accelerate but do not
replace experimental structure determination."  Nature Methods (2023)

Also, here is a video on the Phenix Tutorials YouTube channel that
describes this analysis:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugMPYdPo8Bc

(I hope you will be happy to see that you and your structural biology
colleagues get the credit for making AlphaFold possible at 2:35 in the
introduction of this video!  Keep up the fantastic structural biology work!)

All the best,
Tom T
--
Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0010