[phenixbb] reflection file editor - only 1 dataset#

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 10 22:29:26 PDT 2023

Hi Vincent,

I don't think Reflection File Editor can do that but I just wrote a
cctbx based script to do that. Save lines below (between ****) into a
file convert.py:

****

from iotbx import mtz
from iotbx import reflection_file_reader

def run(file_name = "1yjp_refine_001.mtz"):
   miller_arrays = reflection_file_reader.any_reflection_file(file_name =
     file_name).as_miller_arrays()
   mtz_dataset = None
   for ma in miller_arrays[1:]:
     label = ma.info().label_string()
     if "," in label: label = label[:label.index(",")]
     if mtz_dataset is None:
       mtz_dataset = ma.as_mtz_dataset(column_root_label = label)
     else:
       mtz_dataset.add_miller_array(ma, column_root_label = label)
   mtz_dataset.mtz_object().write("output.mtz")

if __name__ == '__main__':
   run()

****

then put the correct file name instead of 1yjp_refine_001.mtz and run

phenix.python convert.py

The output output.mtz file will have all the arrays in one data block.

Good luck!
Pavel