[phenixbb] Pb LocalResolutionMap calculation

CUNIASSE Philippe Philippe.CUNIASSE at cea.fr
Fri Oct 27 01:16:16 PDT 2023

Dear all,

i try to calculate local resolution maps with phenix since a couple of days. It turns out that the calculation seems very slow and i suspect that there is a problem because i even cannot stop the calculation with the abort button in the gui. In my last run (still running), i use 2 half-maps and the program can read them correctly, start the calculation by returning that 42875 boxes are considered. I run it on my MacBook pro  (M1 running OSX 13.4 with 32Gb RAM) on 4 cpu. The calculation actually runs on 4 CPUs. However, with this calculation (and also a smaller map with about 17000  boxes on 1CPU), the calculations run more than 24 hours without finishing. I wonder if there coud be a problem and if no, what could be the duration of such calculation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Philippe Cuniasse.

Philippe Cuniasse, PhD/HDR.
Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC)
UMR 9198 CNRS-CEA-Univ Paris Sud
Bat 144 CE-Saclay
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France

Tel:      (33) 1 69 08 56 35