[phenixbb] Pb LocalResolutionMap calculation

Tom Terwilliger tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Fri Oct 27 02:04:52 PDT 2023

Hi Philippe,

I'm sorry for the slow calculation...the problem is the number of boxes is
too high.  If you download a nightly build like this one:

https://phenix-online.org/download/phenix/nightly/?version=1.21rc1-5130

then it should be a lot faster (still not quick, but in your case should be
20x faster).
All the best,
Tom T

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 2:16 AM CUNIASSE Philippe <Philippe.CUNIASSE at cea.fr>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> i try to calculate local resolution maps with phenix since a couple of
> days. It turns out that the calculation seems very slow and i suspect
> that there is a problem because i even cannot stop the calculation with the
> abort button in the gui. In my last run (still running), i use 2 half-maps
> and the program can read them correctly, start the calculation by returning
> that 42875 boxes are considered. I run it on my MacBook pro  (M1 running
> OSX 13.4 with 32Gb RAM) on 4 cpu. The calculation actually runs on 4 CPUs.
> However, with this calculation (and also a smaller map with about 17000
> boxes on 1CPU), the calculations run more than 24 hours without finishing.
> I wonder if there coud be a problem and if no, what could be the duration
> of such calculation.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Philippe Cuniasse.

> Philippe Cuniasse, PhD/HDR.
>
> Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC)
>
> UMR 9198 CNRS-CEA-Univ Paris Sud
>
> Bat 144 CE-Saclay
>
> 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
>

> Tel:      (33) 1 69 08 56 35
>
> Fax:      (33) 1 69 08 47 12
>
> Email: philippe.cuniasse at cea.fr
>
> Web: http://biodev.cea.fr/rasmot3d/
>
> Web: https://www.i2bc.paris-saclay.fr
>
> [image: signature_2661676233]

Thomas C Terwilliger
Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Senior Scientist, New Mexico Consortium
100 Entrada Dr, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Email: tterwilliger at newmexicoconsortium.org
Tel: 505-431-0010