[phenixbb] Secondary structure weights for realspace refinement

Oleg Sobolev osobolev at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 9 16:59:04 PST 2024

Hi Reza,

There are parameters related to weights of various secondary structure
restraints for each element like sigma, slack, angle_sigma_scale,
angle_sigma_set for helices and sheets; planarity_sigma, parallelity_sigma,
sigma for nucleic acids. The hierarchical list of these is here:
https://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/secondary_structure_restraints.html
Some of the parameters are available via GUI on "Select atoms" ->
"Secondary structure" tab.
For full flexibility one can run the phenix.secondary_structure_restraints
command-line tool, edit the resulting parameter file and then supply it to
refinement.

Best regards,
Oleg Sobolev.