[phenixbb] [EXTERNAL] Re: Secondary structure weights for realspace refinement

Reza Khayat rkhayat at ccny.cuny.edu
Wed Jan 10 04:14:41 PST 2024

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the help. I've defined secondary structures in the header of the PDB and Phenix does recognize these to properly setup the .eff files for refinement. However, am I to increase/decrease sigma, slack, angle_sigma_scale, angle_sigma_set to encourage the dihedrals towards adopting the defined secondary structure? The pop-up bubbles in the GUI do not provide an explanation for these parameters. Alternatively, should I increase the value for distance_cut_n_0 and allow the refinement procedure to do its magic? Thanks again.

Best wishes,
Reza