[cctbxbb] build problem on ubuntu 12.04

Oleg Dolomanov oleg at olexsys.org
Mon Jun 10 02:44:02 PDT 2013

Hi Alastair,
what was the exception in the is_64bit_architecture function? Could you send the stack trace?
Cheers,
Oleg.

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:04:09 -0700
From: afyfe at ucsc.edu
To: cctbxbb at phenix-online.org
Subject: [cctbxbb] build problem on ubuntu 12.04

Hello, is the current cctbx build (2013_02_27_0005) known to be
buildable on Ubuntu ? I tried "perl cctbx_bundle.selfx" without success.
After some poking about I found an exception raised in the
platform.architecture() call in env_config.py/is_64bit_architecture().
Modifying the function to simply  return False allowed the build to
complete (log attached).This is on 12.04 with stock python 2.7.3 and the
"platform.architecture()" call works as expected in a simple test.
thanks,
Alastair