[cctbxbb] Phenix dependencies in CCTBX code

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sun Jun 22 11:18:15 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM, <Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk> wrote:

> In cctbx_project/iotbx/pdb/multimer_reconstruction.py there is a
> dependency on Phenix
>
> from phenix.command_line.simple_ncs_from_pdb import simple_ncs_from_pdb
> from phenix.command_line.simple_ncs_from_pdb import ncs_master_params
>
> Please could someone remove this? I just had a look at cleaning things up
> so that this was encapsulated but was not obvious and figured risk of
> breaking was more substantial.

Sorry, this should not have happened.  I've checked in a fix (I hope).  The
usual solution is to move such imports inline; as far as I'm concerned if
this happens again you would not be out of line to do so unilaterally.

This is breaking our nightly build tests at Diamond as we don’t check out
> phenix :o(

It's also breaking the CCTBX-specific tests in our nightly builds, since
these are deliberately run without the phenix modules.  I wasn't paying
attention to these yesterday, unfortunately.

-Nat