[cctbxbb] Boost broken on mac?

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 18:31:31 PDT 2016

Morning Marcin,

> On 7 Apr 2016, at 02:15, Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If there is no other workaround you could remove -ffast-math
> partially, it's a combination of a few more specific math-related
> options.

Correct for gcc whose documentation clearly lists all the flags but then moving to clang is a guess work…

Anyway, I tried another approach: identifying the exact point of failure and coding a workaround: commit 24207.

> Actually adding this option was quite an important decision, given
> that it violates language standards, disallows NaNs, etc. And all this
> is propagated to other projects that are built with libtbx/scons.

By default, the cctbx will crash on you if NaN’s are produced, not because of -ffast-math but because of the way we set the FP flags. Do you unset them in the CCP4?

Best wishes,

Luc