[cctbxbb] Windows woes

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 9 09:15:18 PST 2018

Hi Luc,

The six and future dependencies in libtbx were added for Python 2/3
compatibility. Since the conversion for libtbx is mostly complete, it looks
like a hard dependency on six and future are not really necessary. The
imports can be replaced with try/except blocks, the next/__next__ and
__boo__/__nonzero__ stuff can be manually handled, and there is one
function from six that can be copied for reraising exceptions. Let me know
if that's something you want. I'm leaning towards removing the hard
dependency because it does restore the original behavior.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging