[phenixbb] Memory and CPU usage

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 30 09:58:50 PDT 2012

Hi Jon,

you can find the answer without wasting time on guesswork... Take a few
extreme cases from PDB (big model, many reflections, tricky space
group), and run them from the command line:

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz ordered_solvent=true --show-process-info

The log file should contain memory usage throughout the run. Look for
the max memory intake in the last record (towards the end of log file).
This will give you an idea about how much memory you may need.

Pavel