[phenixbb] Fragment-based drug discovery session at ACA 2022

Tanner, John J. TannerJJ at missouri.edu
Fri Apr 8 12:00:50 PDT 2022

As many of you know, the 2022 ACA meeting will be held in Portland, OR on July 29 to August 2. I would like to draw your attention to the session on fragment-based drug discovery and invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation. We welcome contributions from students as well as PIs. The Abstract deadline is April 15.

https://www.acameeting.com/

Session details:

3.2.2 Fragment Based Drug Discovery
8/1/2022 @ 2:00:00 PM - 5:00:00 PM
Sponsoring SIG(s): Industrial
Co-Sponsoring SIG(s): BioMac
Session Chair(s): Matt Clifton, Jack Tanner
Fragment Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) utilizes small molecule compounds to help identify starting points in the drug discovery process. This process allowed for the discovery of lead compounds for difficult protein targets with small/shallow pockets or protein-protein interactions. In contrast to other screening techniques such as High-Throughput Screening (HTS) or DNA-encoded Libraries (DEL), FBDD utilizes small libraries of molecules (< 2000) with molecular weights less than ~200 Da. FBDD has been key in the development of multiple approved drugs and dozens of other drugs in clinical trials. This session will focus on the biophysical and structural techniques used in FBDD to identify initial starting points, optimization by fragment growing/linking, and the route to lead optimization.

--
John J. Tanner
Professor of Biochemistry and Chemistry