[phenixbb] [EXTERNAL] 3Fe4S clusters in real-space refinement

Edward Berry berrye at upstate.edu
Mon Apr 18 11:45:57 PDT 2022

Have you seen:
Iron–sulfur clusters have no right angles
Nigel W. Moriarty and Paul D. Adams, Acta Cryst. (2019). D75, 16–20
<http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2019/01/00/rr5165/index.html>

The Phenix F3S library worked well for our Complex II structures a few years back. And those structures definitely confirm that the angles are not 90* for F3S. (FES Fe2S2 has close to right angles, I think)
You have to be sure that the atoms are arranged in the same way as in the model or the restraints will try to invert your cluster;, and that the Cys ligands connect to the right irons.
Ed