[phenixbb] phenix.refine command lane xyz restrains

Błażej Bagiński baginskiblazej at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:09:18 PDT 2022

Dear Phenix community,
lately I started toying with the terminal version of our favourite
refinement software (on kubuntu linux).
I'm refining a structure with a ligand that is not in the refmac
database (.cif file needed), and I couldn't find anything on how to
implement xyz coordinates restraints for the procedure. In other words,
I have a ligand that I built into the polder map and I want to tell the
software "do not change the positions in space of these atoms". How can
I do that?

Also, side question: why there are three different(?) versions of
command line phenix.refine for every phenix installation? What is the
difference between them?

REMARK 6 I followed the online guide for "Refinement at high resolution"
on my 1,2~1,3A structure and the results were surprisingly nice, I'd say
potentially even better than usually used parameters in GUI (5 cycles
both).

Kind regards,
Blazej