[phenixbb] refinement of an ensemble of structures -> cryoEM variability

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 13 09:42:52 PST 2022

> How is that different from running parallel jobs of n models against n
> maps?

For this you need to know how to write programs/scripts (I know you do
know!). Then make sure programs down the road can handle multi-model
files (in Phenix we can read/write them but that's pretty much it).

If you have one map and one model (with altlocs) then you can just use
phenix.real_space_refine as is.

Otherwise yes, you can refine n models against n maps, in parallel or
sequentially!

Pavel