[phenixbb] refinement of an ensemble of structures -> cryoEM variability

Oliver Clarke olibclarke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:53:20 PST 2022

I guess it isn't all that different.

If you run all jobs naively starting from a single model corresponding to the overall reconstruction, depending on the magnitude of the conformational changes the maps at either end of the series may be outside the radius of convergence of phenix.real_space_refine (with default parameters).

Some way to initially perturb a single model to more-or-less match the series of maps would be useful (maybe morphing in real_space_refine will already work for this?). This could probably be scripted, but having it built into phenix would be useful I think.

Oli