[phenixbb] Running phenix into a M1 apple processor

Wed Jun 22 15:48:09 PDT 2022

Hi Billy,

Thanx for the instructions!
I tried both the binary installer and the source installer as suggested, with the "—use-conda" flag and the installation worked well in both cases without messing up with /usr/bin.

The full installation was completed in 15 min on my M1 Max

Also, I installed arm64 anaconda with brew, but I noticed that conda_base was still Intel. And the generated Mac app is also Intel.
I guess the explanation is that the default conda environment in the install script is osx-64 instead of osx-arm64?

Florian